Merry Christmas Chenise!
Below are a few recipes Brian has modified or created over the years. Hope you enjoy them!
Dairy Free Pumpkin Mini Muffins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup stevia baking blend (you can get it here)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs (or egg whites for healthier muffins)
- 1.5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange and lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups flour
- Cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs and mix well. Whisk in the spices, baking soda, salt and flour. Fill each mini cup to almost the top. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.
Cook for 12-14 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Watch them closely so not to over cook. Mine actually are always 12 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container if you aren’t going to eat them right away, but they never get to that point in my house because they are gone in a flash!
Ultimate, Lower Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips (2 cups)
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes each side, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C)